What is the 4th Realm?
All writers crave feedback. We’re storytellers at heart, and there’s nothing better for a storyteller than to have an audience to tell your story to. The 4th Realm was born to give amateur authors a resource to help refine their craft, some readers to gauge their progress, and some shoulders to lean on when things get tough. Writing doesn’t have to be a solitary endeavor. It can be a social one as well.
The goal of this site is to allow you, the writer, to post snippets of your work so that other members of the site’s community can read and critique and our readers can read and hopefully enjoy. Our editing and submission process is designed to get everyone actively involved in helping you craft your story. So take advantage of that by using our Editing and Submission forums, posting your work, critiquing others, and rating the published stories you find on this site.
Our goal here is a ‘strength-in-numbers’ approach to social media and online presence, so by submitting your work to our site, you become part of something bigger than yourself. You become part of the 4th Realm community, where each new writer and contribution helps all of us attain some measure of success in a crowded marketplace. So if you enjoy writing, have a good story to tell, and want some feedback on it, submit your work, or your work-in-progress, to the 4th Realm and become part of the community!
Anyone is free to submit their work to our site, but they need to be aware of the following things:
- We do not pay for any work we accept, unless that work is chosen to be part of an anthology/e-zine that we publish.
- The author retains all rights to his/her work. If you haven’t received any payment for your submission, then you can request us to remove that submission from the site at any time.
- We are here to help you get your work in front of readers and get you some feedback. And in the process we hope that your work attracts additional readers to the site. It’s a community effort, and we want to grow as a whole, so we are assuming that by submitting your work to the site you are prepared to contribute to the community.
That being said, the submission process is as follows:
1. We encourage all authors looking to submit their work to the site to first go to the User Forums and request access to the Editing Forum. Once you have access, you can both submit your work for critiques/feedback from other authors on the site, and also give your own feedback to everyone else. While you can technically just post your work in the Editing Forum and ask for feedback, those who participate in the process both ways are more likely to get more and better feedback.
2. Once your work has gone through the editing gauntlet, go to the Submission Forum and post a request to have your work submitted to the site. Our site editors will then make a decision on whether or not to accept the work for the site, and you’ll be notified if and when it will be posted. You can post a submission request without going through the editing process, but keep in mind that by participating in the editing process first, you let the other authors on the site get to know you and work a little better, and that makes it easier for the site editors to approve your submission, especially if they’ve already read it in the Editing Forum.